UV Curable Epoxy
Imagine a UV curable adhesive that has unique processing properties – so unique that it masters bonding any combination of plastics, glass and metals whether UV transparent or opaque. Unlike traditional UV cured adhesives preferred in such applications as high-speed laminating when one of the substrates to be bonded is UV transparent, IRIS 3030 curable adhesive has the ability to bond two completely UV opaque materials! With low shrinkage and elongation of up to 100%, this UV curable adhesive is totally unlike others of its kind.
The IRIS 3030 series of adhesives takes advantage of the characteristics for cationic cured epoxies delivering a set of unique adhesive and bonding opportunities with the following properties:
- Capable of bonding opaque materials
- One-part UV cured adhesives with storage life up to 6 months
- No oxygen inhibition
- Very low shrinkage
- Epoxy adhesive bond strength
- Bonding any combination of plastics, glass and metals
- Wide range of viscosities can be achieved
- Low ions
- Low levels of yellowing
- Elongation up to 100%
- Chemical and thermal resistance
- No change in viscosity or wasted adhesives as with two-part epoxy UV hybrids
The IRIS system can be customized to meet specific open time, bond strength, flexibility, and viscosity requirements.