At Fielco, we always take our environmental impact into account. Depending on your needs, we may recommend products such as UV formulations to minimize this impact. When formulating new products, we always look to use renewable raw materials and choose raw materials that minimize environmental impact.
We aim to help our clients achieve the same results with a 1-part epoxy to reduce the dependence on corrosive materials that 2-part epoxies often require. We also instruct our clients on how to handle adhesive products safely. As a proactive measure to reduce each client’s carbon footprint, Fielco’s products offer minimal cure temperature and cure time.
Fielco Adhesives embraces a green philosophy in our product development and daily operations by:
- Utilizing a distillation unit to clean and recycle in-house cleaning solutions
- Utilizing reusable totes for both raw and finished products whenever possible
- Recycling all empty pails & drums
- Maintaining a nearly 100% paperless work environment –“Think before you print” philosophy
- Using “Smart Strip” power strips that save up to 70% in energy costs
- Turning off all computers when not in use
- Making sure computers that have to be powered on are utilizing ‘power-save’ mode
- Unplugging all power adapters when not in use
- Buying post-consumer recycled paper whenever possible
- Recycling office paper, plastic & metal products
- Encouraging employees to generate less waste in their daily functions
- Replacing disposable batteries with rechargeable batteries
- Utilizing programmable thermostats
We hope that you seek out green vendors for your business needs – whether it’s printing business cards, hosting your website, cleaning your office or supplying adhesives. Supporting and working with like-minded companies is a critical step in reducing our carbon footprint. And remember, many green business practices are not only eco-friendly, but they’re friendly on the company budget as well!